We went with Tya's class to Campbell Creek Park to see the salmon. We also were educated on how baby salmon came about. See that cage made from netting? It held salmon. The kids had to pick out a boy and a girl salmon then they extracted the eggs and the milt to put them in a clear pitcher. The next step was to dip it in the water to fertilize the eggs. The kids then had to guess how many eggs while singing happy birthday to the fish. Well there are anywhere from 2500 to 3000 eggs in a girl salmon. Tya leans over to me and says, "Aren't you glad you don't have that many kids to look after?" All I could say was yes I am glad we just have the ones we do. Speaking of looking after my children- while I am blogging this story, Aliyeh leaned over my shoulder and says, "I remember that park. That is where the bear chased after us. I hid behind Mrs. Miller (her kindergarten teacher). By the way mom where were you?" I really can not remember where I was but I am sure grateful to Mrs. Miller for looking after my child.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment